BIM degree at kmc
BIM (Bachelor in Information Management) is a four-year bachelor’s degree programm divided into eight semesters and 126 credit hours. It provides an interdisciplinary educational approach to students interested in the applied form of information and communication technology. BIM graduates gain knowledge and skills to develop business information systems, analyze and design databases, develop networks and internet applications and build business process plans through the use of information technology.
The BIM program is designed to equip graduates with the skills and attributes required to be effective and efficient information technology professionals. It is a functional programm entrusted with effective management of technology in business areas. It is a nice blend of management and technology with 50 percent of the course content emphasizing computer programming languages along with computer hardware. The remaining 50 percent is based on management and social sciences including sociology, psychology and economics. The pragmatic mix of technology and management is said to be the major pull factor of the BIM course.
Job markets today look upon enhanced technical skills and familiarity with use of Information Technology. BIM is an interdisciplinary educational approach to students interested in the applied form of information and communication technology. BIM graduates gain knowledge and skills to develop business information systems, analyze and design database, develop networks and internet applications, build business process plans through use of information technology. It is 4 years academic programs divided into eight semesters and 126 credit hours in total designed by Tribhuwan University. 50% of course structure is Information Technology which is pure science and 50% of course structure is based on management education.
The objectives of the program are:
- Prepare IT proficient professionals in the usage of techniques of computers to develop effective information systems and solve real life problems of organization.
- Develop students’ skills in object-oriented software designs and data management systems.
- Provide professional training to students by combining information technology with managerial skills.
- Aid students to proceed on post graduate studies in information management within and outside the country.
- You need to complete Twelve Years of education from any board recognized by the Tribhuvan University
- Students must pass 12 in minimum of second division score
- Students must appear and pass the Central Management Admission Test (CMAT) exam conducted by Faculty of Management, Tribhuvan University. The minimum passing score is 40%
- CMAT exam consist of 100 marks which is divided among the four sections
- Verbal ability
- Quantitative ability
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
- Admission in BIM program is based on the merit list.