ABOUT MBS DEGREE
The objective of the MBS degree is to enable the students to work as competent managers and to meet the demand at higher level managers in various organization. Upon completion of the program student should be able to function as a manager inside and outside country in business, industry, government and non government sector, in the areas of accounting,finance,marketing and general management. The entire MBS (TU) curriculum is composed of two years having four semesters featuring the course work, case study, workshops, internship, projects, and the like besides class room lectures.
Objectives of MBS PROGRAM
- Prepare managers in the functional areas of management.
- Develop research Capability in the students.
- Equip the students with required conceptual knowledge of business and management.
- Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in the Nepalese society.
- Develop knowledge and skills of business environment in national and global perspectives.
Candidates must have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any recognized academic institution and must pass CMAT examination conducted by Dean Office, TU.
ENTRANCE TEST AND INTERVIEW
Eligible candidates should fill the Central Management Admission Test (CMAT) Form and submit to the college administration and should appear in CMAT test as scheduled by the FOM, TU.The test comprises the questions related to verbal ability ,quantitative ,ability, business and economics, logical reasoning and general awareness.
- The applicant must pass the CMAT test conducted by FOM ,TU.
- Each candidates on getting through the entrance is called for interview.
- The result for admission is published on the basis of the entrance test ,interview and past academic performance.
The curriculum for MBS degree comprises three separate distinct course components including core course, specialization course and thesis. Core business course integrates all analytical and functional areas and provide the students with an appreciation of the diversity and interrelationship of business and management issues. Specialization can be done in different functional areas like accounting, finance, marketing, and general management. Students need to write thesis in the final semester based on their research. The following subjects are taught throughout the MBS program.
MGT519 Managerial Communication
MKT511 Marketing Management
ECO512 Managerial Economics
MGT513 Organizational Behavior
MSC514 Statistical Methods
MGT515 Human Resource Management
MGT516 International Business
ACC517 Management Accounting
MGT518 Business Environment
FIN 510 Financial Management
MSC 520 Productions and Operations Management
MSC 521 Research Methodologies
ACC522 Accounting for Decision Making and control
MGT523 Strategic Management
Finance (Three Subjects)
Account (Three Subjects)
Marketing (Three Subjects)
Management (Three Subjects)